22 Jun Japanese Miso Ramen Recipe
Japanese Miso Ramen Recipe
Steam cook the pork bone
Pressure cook the bone in another pot with new water for 45 mins
Now this is what it look like after 45 mins:
Add chicken broth
Fill more water, add mushroom, kelp, ginger, onions to the pot.
Caramelize the sugar
Add in the steam pork belly
When done take the meat out, slide them, stir fry them again on hot pan with some cooking oil.
Juicy Chasu Pork
Cook the noodles
Prep the bowl
Servings: 7-8 bowls.
How to make ramen Broth
- 3 lbs of pork bone
- 2 lbs of chicken bones
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon of miso paste
- 2 tablespoon of mirin
- 3 teaspoon of dashi stocking powder
- 1/8 cup of sake
- 3 teaspoon of chili powder
- 150 g of kelp (dry seaweed)
- 8-9 pieces of dry shitake mushroom
- Onions, garlic and few slides of ginger like in the picture
- Steam cooks the pork bone for 5 mins. This step is to wash the bone. After that take out the bones, put in new pot. Pressure cook for 45 mins (fill the water enough to cover the bones)
- For chicken broth, you can either buy premade chicken broth at the super market or you can make chicken broth on your own (that’s what I did). Cook the chicken bones for another 45 mins in separated pot.
- Tips: from time to time make sure you skim scum from the surface of a simmering stock, this will make the broth looks nicer and leave out the unwanted flavor. Feel free to add more water since the water will be running low as we cook.
- Once you done with chicken broth, take out the bones, pour all the chicken broth to the pork one. (after you done pressure cook the pork bone for 45 mins). Fill up the water. Now keep the heat on low (3 is good)
- Add mushroom, kelp, onions, garlic and ginger to the broth. Cook for another 15 mins. Take out the mushroom, ginger, and kelp . Keep the onions in the broth.
- Add mirin, sake, dashi, soy sauce, chili powder and miso paste to the broth. Cook for another 15 mins. Feel free to add more miso paste to your liking taste.
How to make Chasu Pork:
-2 piece of pork belly
-2 tablespoon of brown sugar
-2 tablespoon of soy sayce
-1 tablespoon of sake
-1 tablespoon of mirin
-Onions, ginger, chopped garlic, chopped shallot
- 2 pieces of pork belly like in the picture. You don’t have to roll up the pork belly it will still turn out nice. Steam cook the pork belly first. (wait until water boil, put in the pork belly, Cook for 10 minutes)
- Caramelize the pork belly: Hot pan: pour some oil and add 2 tablespoon of sugar. Stir the sugar and once it turns to golden brown color, and adds the pork belly in. Cook the skin surface until they turn to golden brown color.
- Add 3 tablespoon of soy sauce, keep turning the pork belly around, and make sure they have nice dark even color. Add 1 quart of water.
- Add 3 pieces of green onions (the near root part), few slide of ginger, chopped shallot and garlic.
- Cook for another 30 mins, medium heat. Cover the pot and cook for extra 10 mins. Fill in some water if the water runs low.
- Now take out the meat, slide them into small pieces (size depends on your liking). On another hot pan, pour some cooking oil, add all the slide meats to the pan stir fry them, Cook for another 10 mins, make sure every pieces have nice golden color. Add 1 tablespoon of mirin and 1 tablespoon of sake at the end. You can use the simmering sauce add to the pot if you want.
Tips : Now the broth you use to cook the chasu pork, you can add them to the ramen broth. This broth has a lot of flavor.
-Slide Bamboo shoot
-Eggs: on a small pot, wait until water boils, add eggs in. Cook for 6 mins. Turn off, leave for another 30 seconds. Wash with cold water right away.
-Chopped green onions
-Slide Napa cabbages
-Slide Woodear Mushrooms.
Prep the bowl:
Noodles on the bottom, cabbage, bamboo, mushroom, egg, pour the broth on top then garnish with green onions and seaweed.