17 Jun The Spicy Chicken Waffle Recipe You Never Knew You loved
The Spicy Chicken Waffle Recipe You Never Knew You loved
I have to admit that I’ve never had a waffle before…until seeing all the pictures all over social media. I’m not a big fan of thick batter deep fried chicken so i decided to create a version of Spicy Korean chicken with waffles. It’s hard to decide which waffle maker to buy since there are so many choices on the internet. Thanks to Alton Brown, I decided to buy a non-stick, Belgian style waffle iron.
- 4 3/4 ounces all-purpose flour
- 4 3/4 ounces whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups buttermilk, at room temperature
- Heat a waffle iron according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Whisk the eggs and butter together in another bowl, and then whisk in the buttermilk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and whisk to combine. Rest the batter for 5 minutes. (DO NOT OVERMIX the batter)
- Lightly coat the waffle iron with nonstick spray. Ladle the recommended amount of waffle batter onto the iron according to the manufacturer’s recommendations. Close the iron top and cook until the waffle is golden on both sides and is easily removed from the iron. (3 minutes each side) Serve immediately or keep warm in a 200 degree F oven until ready to serv.
Chicken recipe you can find on my previous entry here: